Each employer having exposed employees is responsible for keeping accurate records of all measurements taken to monitor employee exposure to asbestos. These documents must be kept for 30 years and include the following information:
- Date of measurement, operation involving exposure, sampling and analytical methods used, and evidence of their accuracy;
- Number, duration, and results of samples taken;
- Type of respiratory protective devices worn;
- Name, social security number, and the results of all employee exposure measurements.
- Name and social security number of the employee;
- Physician's written opinions;
- Any employee medical complaints related to exposure to asbestos; and
- Additional information provided to the examining physician.