Maintenance and Care of Respirators
- Certify the respirator by documenting the date the inspection was performed, the name (or signature) of the person who made the inspection, the findings, required remedial action, and a serial number or other means of identifying the inspected respirator; and
- Provide this information on a tag or label that is attached to the storage compartment for the respirator, is kept with the respirator, or is included in inspection reports stored as paper or electronic files. This information shall be maintained until replaced following a subsequent certification.
Breathing Air Quality and Use
Identification of Filters, Cartridges, and Canisters
Breathing Gas Containers
- American National Standard method of Marking Portable Compressed Gas Containers to Identify the Material Contained, Z48.12-1965;
- Federal Specification BB-A-1034a, June 21, 1968, Air, Compressed for Breathing Purposes; or
- Interim Federal Specification GG-B-00675b, April 27, 1965, Breathing Apparatus, Self-Contained.
Gas Mask Canister Identification
- By means of properly worded labels, and
- By a color code.